The Tax Collector is an elected position. The office of the tax collector is located in the Township Building.
205 Mapeat Ln., New Castle, PA 16101
Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the Union Township Building from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
CLOSED all holidays and weekends.
DUE DATES FOR TAXES COLLECTED:
Discount: March 1st – April 30th
Face: May 1st – June 30th
Penalty: July 1st – December 31
Union Area School
Discount: July 1st – August 31st
Face: September 1st – October 31st
Penalty: November 1st – December 31st
IMPORTANT INFO. REGARDING YOUR TAX BILLS:
- If a bank or mortgage company pays your real estate taxes for you, please forward your bill to them.
- In order to earn discounts and avoid penalties, payments must be hand delivered or postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service on or before the payment due date as shown on the bills.
- Taxes are due and payable as prescribed by law, whether or not a tax bill has been received by the taxpayer.
- Payments can be made by cash or money order or check.
- Any payments made after December 15th of each year must be paid by certified check, cashier’s check, money order, or cash.
- Any unpaid real estate accounts, when delinquent, will be turned over for delinquent tax collection.
Click HERE to go to the Berkheimer Website.